Saturday, November 23, 2013

Write, write, write... What's this about a trade?

Got some coffee, listening to some music (right now, it's Monster You Made by Pop Evil), I'm ready to work on this.

This past week has been mostly about working on my book. I'm almost where I want to be, but I keep getting interrupted for the littlest things and losing my concentration. There was this one time where my hair looked like I had just transformed back from being a werewolf or something because I was so involved in my book over everything else.

But, at one point, my concentration dropped and didn't come back until the next day. That point was when the Tigers traded Prince Fielder to the Rangers. I dropped everything and went to see if it was true. Here's what my reactions were, in order: shock, excitement (more because something huge happened than the actual trade), acceptance (that this would make the Tigers better in the future), a bit of sadness (mostly because I saw that Miguel Cabrera was posting all those pictures of them together on Twitter and it made me realize that these past two years the Tigers had something special with the duo), awe (Dave Dombrowski has to be a wizard or something to pull this off) and, finally, back to excitement (mostly for the upcoming season and to watch the new Tiger, Ian Kinsler, and to see what other trades might be happening during this offseason).

Anyway, off of sports, we've been working on the book marketing this week too. You might have seen the ads for my book series on Facebook. It's brought the amount of likes to above 300! I've been smiling at random times because of that. To see something that I put work in being accepted really encourages me to keep working and make the next book even faster. So, if you're one of the people that's liked my book series, thank you! I'm grateful and excited for each individual like. Now, if only I can somehow translate this to sales... But, that's my problem, not yours. So, until next time, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment