Saturday, November 30, 2013

Family Parties

This past week was filled with the holiday joy of family parties. First, there was my great grandma's Christmas party last Sunday. I would have talked about it in my last post, but my dad didn't tell me until the last minute (as in the night before). So, yeah, yet another Christmas party for my family before Thanksgiving. This party is like a family reunion that happens every year so I was already prepared for it. Our family is large enough that we rent out a school gym for the party. It's also one of those potluck parties where everyone brings some type of food (pasta, meat, some people bring pizza) and shares it with the rest of the family. The little kids each get a present to open while the adults talk. My dad, being the incredibly social person that he is, went around the party telling everyone that his child published a book. Then, he grabbed my mom's Kindle and showed everyone. It got me some book sales, so that's pretty cool. I was busy working on my next book during the party. I'm not much of a social person.

Speaking of the holidays, this past Thursday was Thanksgiving, so Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I spent my Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family at my grandma's new retirement community. They had a restaurant there that we made reservations at. The buffet there had so much delicious food. After lunch, we all went back to my grandma's suite where some of us helped to unpack part of her sewing room while others watched football.

Seeing as it was Thanksgiving, I guess I should state what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for a loving family, my health, having a crazy but lovable dog, the people that bought my book, any fans that I have (whether it be with my book or fanfiction) and the ability to write the stuff that I do. Also my Keurig. I don't know how I'd survive in the mornings without coffee.

Four paragraphs? I think that's enough for a post. So, until next time, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment