Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ramblings...

It's Saturday which means it's time for another post. This week has been kind of dry on items to report, so I'm just going to ramble.

I've been working on my next book. Every day, I get through a couple more pages. I haven't gotten stuck on any serious writer's blocks yet on that, so I might actually be able to get it done in less time than the first one. Seeing as I finished the first one in a year while also attending college full time and having an insane amount of projects to do in my classes, that's not hard to surpass.

My little sister's home from college for the weekend. We don't necessarily have the best sisterly relationship. She's competitive so she brags whenever she breaks one of the records I've set and we argue about almost everything. It doesn't help when she points out every little mistake that I make, past or present. Things have been better between us in recent years since we went to separate colleges. Although we have the college games to fight about now, we don't see each other as much to argue in the first place. It means that whenever we do see each other, we start with the good things instead of the bad. Even with all our ups and downs, I'd still do anything for her because she's family.

Writing has always been easier for me than speaking. It seems odd, but it's the truth. My mind has always worked that way. I'll be unable to talk about a topic in a conversation, but give me a piece of paper and a pen and I'll give you a three to five page essay on the topic. That's an excellent talent for an aspiring author, but not for someone that needs to get through an interview to get a job. It's already hard enough to find a company willing to interview a recent college graduate. Trying to get through an interview for me is like getting out of a burning building only to fall into a pit of lava from the nearby exploding volcano that burned the building in the first place. It's like I'm doomed to fail. This is why I like writing. I can always edit my statement before I send or post it. Once I speak it, it's out there and I can't take it back.

On a more happier note, tomorrow is National Coffee Day! Woo, coffee! I'm enjoying some coffee right now, so I know I will be celebrating, even if it's just having a couple cups at home.

My book has been sent to Apple, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, and Sony. I know it's available for purchase through Apple (I saw it myself), but I don't know about the others. So, if you were waiting for it to be available in one of those places, now's your chance.

And I think that's enough rambling for one post. So, have a good week and I'll see you next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment