Saturday, September 14, 2013

Book and Series Title

As promised in last week's post, I'm revealing the titles of my book and series! This is mainly because I'm posting the book on Smashwords tomorrow, so it shouldn't be more than a week before it's available for sale.

Starting with the big picture is probably the best idea so the series title is called 'The Hunters and Vampires Chronicles'. It's basically about hunters (who normally fight vampires) and vampires working together to fight other creatures at night. That's the most basic explanation I can give without completely giving away what I have in store for the series.

The first book of 'The Hunters and Vampires Chronicles' is called 'Unnatural Alliances'. (You have NO idea how long it took me to finally rest on that title...) 'Unnatural Alliances' is about a vampire named Brynn and a hunter named Parker. The two of them must join together the vampire clan and the hunter group in time to fight against a common enemy: an army of werewolves, warlocks, fairies, pixies and other vampires. That army is led by an unnatural couple of an extremely powerful vampire and a royal mummy. And that's all I'm going to tell you. You'll have to read it to find out more.

I'm really excited to be sharing this story with the world. It's been a work in progress for a year and I'm finally confident in it to publish. Of course, no book is perfect. I'll always wonder if I should have expanded one scene or used a different word to describe something, but that's just me being a writer. I'm not even a hundred percent confident in my title, but it's the best one out of all of the other possible titles.

Anyway, earlier this week, my dog was still scratching on my door to wake me up, but it seemed like she had an internal alarm clock because it was always at 8:30 AM. It kind of freaked me out a bit. And today, I got up naturally at that time. Getting annoyed with waking up that early on a Saturday, I rolled over to go back to sleep. Well, I guess my dog heard me because she was there, whining at my door. This coffee is being put to good use.

I'll especially need the caffeine today since I'm going to a baseball game tonight. Really excited because the seats are normally reserved for season ticket holders (which I am not), but my uncle (who is a season ticket holder) had extra tickets. So, I'm really hoping the home team wins. There are fireworks either way, but I love being at the park during a win. The crowd is so much more electric when there's a win or a close game in progress.

So, back to book stuff. Keep an eye on my Twitter and Facebook for the day that it actually goes on sale. I originally had it planned for October 1st, but it looks like it might be earlier. This is good news! Earlier book sale means you get to read it earlier! Always good when things are ahead of schedule. So, yeah, you can get much more up to date stuff on Twitter and Facebook until my next post in a week. Until next Saturday, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment