Saturday, April 19, 2014

Done! Sort of...

Super news coming from the book front! My personal editing for my second book is completed! So, I've sent it on to be edited by other people. Meanwhile, right after I sent it, I came up with a much better ending that would fit the feel of the book better and make it slightly longer. (Not that it needs any more length in its current state. It's longer than some novels out there, but shorter than my previous one.) I've told this to my editors and, while they're going to read the current version, I'll write the new ending and send it to them for comparison. I'm hoping to release the book soon, though I still have to create a cover for it. No idea what to do with that.

While I'm doing that though, I'll also be working on writing for fun. Back to my fanfiction and writing short stories that might become ideas for books. Plus, I'll be developing some of the ideas for new books. These are still in the science fiction genre. One of them revolves around ghosts while another takes place on a fictional planet. That's all I'm prepared to say about those at this time. Very vague, I know. I just don't want to give away ideas and see that someone else writes it first.

My sister's home from college for the weekend. Why is this? Because of the holiday known as Easter which is highly recognized in my religion. For a while now, we've been eating no meat on Fridays as our religion dictates (though I've seen SOME of my family members not go through with this supposed rule). Let me tell you something. When you can't have something, that's when you want it or, in this case, crave it the most. But whatever. Since tomorrow is actually Easter, family stuff will be going on. Only on my mom's side though. For some reason, we never seem to celebrate with my dad's side during Easter. Odd.

That should be a good amount of rambling for this blog post. Guess I'll put in an obligatory 'Go Red Wings!' since they're in the playoffs once again. Seriously, they've been going to the playoffs for as long as I can remember. I think it's a 23 year streak or something which is really sweet. I'm not much of a hockey fan, but, being from an area where hockey is almost religious, I can still root for them and watch them casually. Now, this is a good spot to stop. So, until next time, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment