Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas is (Finally) Over

Today officially ends my family's Christmas season that started before Thanksgiving. Our last Christmas party is today. Just like the one before Thanksgiving, we rented out a hall to fit everyone since the houses just seem to be too small. We have a special gift exchange that's kind of like a Secret Santa, but everyone knows who you have and who has you. My grandparents aren't going to be there since they escaped to warmer weather last month. All of these holiday parties are starting to get to me. See, I'm not the most social person. I'm happiest with my nose in a book or a pen in my hand. Most parties send me into a corner with my writing, usually only getting company from the animals of the house. (I seem to be a pet magnet at times. They always end up around me.) I don't like being that way. I just never know what to say to people so I end up avoiding all conversation.

On another note, it looks like my first draft isn't going to be done by my self-imposed deadline. I did everything I could to get through it, but I'm not even halfway through transferring the outline into book form. (That's another thing I do. I write outlines for the books before I write them out. The outline then changes while I write the book.) This is really upsetting to me. I worked so hard to get this done, but every time I sat down and started to write in my little zone, I'd get interrupted, usually something to do with a Christmas party. With the holiday season finally over, I might be able to get some peace and get my writing done.

The one good thing about this is that I'm liking this second book more than the first one. There's something about it that makes me excited to write it and then share it with my readers. I think this one will be even better than the first one. My dad says that's expected. Practice makes perfect and all that. It probably has more to do with the planning. I did more planning for this one than the first one. Unnatural Alliances was written with my mind both on it and school. This one has my full attention.

I think that's it for this week. So, until next Saturday, have a great week, Happy New Year and Go Spartans! I can't wait for the Rose Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment