Saturday, February 15, 2014

Tablets are Awesome

So, I'm posting a little later than normal today because my antivirus protection on my computer had to do a scan of my computer and it took all morning. And it was on 99% for an unbelievable amount of time. Luckily, I had my new Kindle Fire that I got for my birthday that happened this past week. It was a quiet birthday as I just wanted to work on my book. Of course, when I got that Kindle, things ended up getting delayed as I used that gift. As a result plus the fact that there are some extra things that I've decided to go back and change, it's still not done.

Also this past week, I had to go with my mom to the eye doctor in case she couldn't drive back because of eye dilation. I just sat in the waiting room for a couple hours, reading. She had to go to the eye doctor because she has this eye disease called glaucoma. This disease causes extra pressure in the eye that could damage the optic nerve. If not caught and treated it can cause blindness. Most people consider it a disease that you get when you get older, but my mom got it around 35. In some cases, glaucoma is genetic, so I'm at risk, especially since my eyes are a lot like my mom's were when she was my age. It's kind of a scary thought because there's no cure and I've seen what some of the treatment is for glaucoma, including surgery.

Apparently, there was a holiday this past week as well. That's right, the Tigers have started their spring training so baseball is almost here! But seriously, for Valentine's Day, I spent most of it in my room, making no noise and pretending I don't exist. At least I had the most awesome cupcakes from my birthday.

That's it for this week. Hopefully, I'll have a celebration for the first draft being done next week. (As long as I don't keep getting distracted by my Kindle, it should be.) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment